Music therapy services begin with an assessment by the music therapist. One or three sessions of musical experiences led by the music therapist are used to identify a client’s functional strengths and weaknesses.
With these observations, the therapist will create an individualized treatment plan for the client based on the results of the assessment, as well as input from the parent/caregiver. Goals, session frequency, and length of treatment will be then outlined.
Sessions can be individual or in groups. They are usually between 30 minutes to 60 minutes in length and frequency varies upon therapeutic goals.
In music therapy, we can work on different areas to:
- Improve concentration and attention span.
- Improve motor planning and coordination.
- Increase self-expression, confidence and communication.
- Enhance parent-child attachment and bonding.
Want to get started with Music Therapy?
- Make an appointment to meet me and get all your questions answered.
- Schedule the assessment sessions.
- Review the treatment plan and client/therapist agreement with the music therapist to determine session appointment times, frequency, duration, and charges.
I believe that working in collaboration with other health professionals like speech therapists, psychologists, occupational therapists, physical therapists is of great importance to help the client meet his/her needs. In this way, each therapist can use their expertise to promote a better and effective client-centered program that maximizes the patient and families potential in moving forward to achieve their goals. I will always welcome any collaboration and contact with other therapists working with future clients.